Seagrove Beach Florida
Why is Seagrove Beach Florida a best Florida beach? Warm salty Gulf breezes and a glorious sun giving your body a glow will beat 'a day at the spa' any time! And, its here for the taking, so come on down!
If you took the scenic beach drive along C.R. 30-A, you already know there is a gorgeous beach in your future and you have lucked out because it just happens to be one of the famous South Walton County beaches.
Named for groves of live oaks that grew down to the Gulf, Seagrove Beach Florida is still partially covered in hardwood forests and sand pines among rolling sand dunes.
Although some of the beach has been developed with planned communities and summer beach homes, Seagrove Beach still maintains its Old-Florida charm.
Mostly frequented by the South Walton County elite, this spectacular beach emits a warm and fuzzy welcome to all of its visitors.
If you are into shelling, Seagrove Beach is a great place to be so bring a scoop for those treasures that are still hiding in the sand and a bag to put them in. Of course, your back will complain tomorrow after all the stooping but that’s part of it.
Great activities to try and nearby attractions:
- If you’re in the mood for some nature mixed with a little bit of historical education, visit Eden Gardens State Park.
- You can enjoy a quiet afternoon picnic on the bayou.
- Take a leisurely stroll through Wesley Mansion- a Greek revival mansion from the 1800’s that now is filled with antiques.
- For another simplistic beach that is filled with lots of greenery, visit Deer Lake State Park where you can spend an afternoon sitting on the secluded beach for some quiet reflection or enjoy hiking on one of the nature trails.
- Unwind like the locals do (as if they need to living here!) at the Inn Spa. Treat yourself to a massage or spa service of your choice.
Kids of most ages: Go shopping in the quaint shopping area to find some beach toys to play with. Then spend a day building sand castles, searching for interesting shells and splashing in the waves.
Eating: For a truly sophisticated meal, try Café Thirty-A. If you’re in need of something a little less heavy on the wallet and more family friendly, enjoy some burgers at the Seagrove Village Market.
Sleeping: Commodores Retreat hotel is located right on the beach and has all the amenities you need for a relaxing stay.
If you want to stay awhile, and you probably will, you can also look into vacation condo rentals in the area.
→ Seaside Beach
← Seacrest Beach
Back to Northwest from Seagrove
Back to Home from Seagrove Beach Florida