Guide to Best Florida Beaches
Discover YOURS before you leave home
Is it JUST about Sun, Sand and Water?
Or … is it also about:
- Beautiful seashells
- Rekindling romance
- Finding gold coins from old shipwrecks
- Big waves for surfing
- Greek or Afro-American culture?
- Go back 200 years into Spanish history
- Find fossilized sharks teeth
- Visit the Ringling Circus Museum
- Delight in newly hatched sea turtles
- Swim with dolphins and manatees
- Reel in a big sailfish on a deep-sea charter.
- Snorkel and dive
- Sunken shipwrecks
- Colorful coral reefs
- Golf on superior courses
- Shop pricy or cheapo
- Parasail or water sports?
- Bare it all on a clothing-optional beach?
WHY BEST FLORIDA BEACHES?
“So many beaches, so little time.”
How do you pick just one? People ask me that often and my answer changes often to the last beach visited. So, perhaps a website to summarize the characteristics and offerings of 150+ Florida beaches would help you pick several best Florida beaches ...
I'm the webmaster of Best Florida Beaches and I love everything about Florida; yep, even the heat and humidity and I am not alone, either.
- Florida is growing faster than any other state in the union and the residents are not pulling up stakes and leaving.
The wildlife flourishes here in the warm humid climate and the flora lingers all year in most places.
Florida is over 500 miles long and 160 miles from coast to coast at the widest point so you can easily drive across Florida if you are so inclined.
Florida has more than 1800 miles of coastline divided between the Atlantic Coast and Gulf of Mexico.
What is important is that the sun shines brightly on both sides over 340 days a year.
During this time, ocean breezes are cooling the air and waves are hard at work bringing in treasures from the depths of the many oceans in the world.
So, on your next casual stroll along the beach, at any time of the day or night, look down and you may see something special:
- A treasure of gold or silver from a sunken ship, a unique seashell, a shark tooth or something that lived at one time or was loved by someone and now it has suddenly been delivered as a gift to you.
Ya'll Come! We really do love company!
Looking for a particular beach? Here is a quick guide!
- Florida Beach Fans - Blog
- The Florida Beach Blog keeps you up-to-date with additions and changes to Best-Florida-Beaches.org. Subscribe now and join us!
- Central East Florida - East Coast Beaches
- Central East Florida: •Boca Raton • Cocoa Beach • Daytona • Indian Harbour • Jensen • Melbourne • New Smyrna • Ormond • Playalinda • Satellite • Stuart....
- Central West Florida - West Coast Beaches - Best Florida Beaches
- Central West Florida: • Apollo • Belleaire • Caladesi • Clearwater • Honeymoon • Hudson • Indian Rocks • Madeira • New Port Richey • Pass-a-Grille • Redington • St Pete • Tampa Bay • Tarpon Springs
- Northeast Florida: Amelia-East Coast Beaches-Fernandina-Jacksonville
- Northeast Florida: • Amelia Island • American • Atlantic • Fernandina • Flagler • Jacksonville • Neptune • Palm Coast • Ponte Vedra • St Augustine • Vilano
- Northwest Florida Beaches, West Coast, Destin, Panama City, Pensacola, Rosemary
- Northwest Florida Beaches:• Apalachicola • Crystal • Destin • Fort Walton • Grayton • Laguna • Mexico • Miramar • Navarre • Panama City • Pensacola • Rosemary • Santa Rosa • Seacrest • Seagrove...
- Southeast Florida - East Coast Beaches - Best Florida Beaches - Treasure Coast
- Southeast Florida: • Boca Raton • Boynton • Dania • Deerfield • Delray • Hallandale • Ft Lauderdale • Haulover • Highland • Hillsboro • Hollywood • Jupiter • Juno • North Palm • Palm Beach......
- Southwest Florida - West Coast Beaches - West Coast Beaches-Best Florida Beaches
- Southwest Florida: • Boca Grande • Bonita • Cape Coral • Captiva • Crescent • Englewood • Fort Myers • Holmes • Lido • Longboat • Marco Island • Naples • Sanibel • Sarasota • Siesta Key • Venice
- Florida Keys - Best Florida Beaches
- The Florida keys are located at the southernmost point in the continental United States, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea and enjoy the warmest temps in the country.
- Gay Beaches - Best Florida Beaches
- Gay Beaches: Many of Florida’s incredible beaches welcome one and all, and that includes members of the LGBT community. Some, though, are more accepting or frequented by gay tourists.
- Nude Beaches in Florida - Nude Beach Volleyball
- Nude beaches in Florida: Only one legal but many beaches allow discrete nudity. Nude beach volleyball is popular sport.
- Dog Friendly Beaches - Best Florida Beaches
- Dog Friendly Beaches. Some of the Best Florida Beaches welcome your best friend.
- Florida State Parks - Best Florida Beaches
- Florida State Parks have some of the best beaches, nature, alligators, dolphins, swamps, hiking trails and so much more
- Everglades National Park - Best Florida Beaches
- Everglades National Park is the largest freshwater marsh in the world and home to many endangered species. This is the only place to see some of the wildlife residents up close and personal.
- Snorkeling Florida
- Snorkeling Florida, whether you’ve done it before or are just beginning, is a fun experience you must try if you’re going to any of Florida’s spectacular beaches.
- Great Links - Best Florida Beaches
- Great links: Places to Go, People to Meet, Things to Do. We go to great links for you!
- About Me and Best-Florida-Beaches.org
- About me; Our best family vacations were on Best Florida Beaches; building sandcastles, finding shells, burying each other in sand and floating on rafts. We have all continued the fun with our kids.
- Contact Us; Best-Florida-Beaches.org
- Contact Us with questions, answers and comments.
- Florida Beaches - Florida State Parks
- Florida Beaches: Easy way to learn about over 160 beaches; detail descriptions include beach, sand, water, attractions, restaurants and accommodations
- Best Florida Beaches Site Map
- Site Map: Trying to find something at Best-Florida-Beaches.org? Visit our Best Florida Beaches map to find everything.
- Florida Gulf Coast Beaches
- Florida Gulf Coast Beaches:
- Florida Atlantic Coast Beaches - East Coast Beaches - Best Beaches in Florida
- Florida Atlantic Coast Beaches consists of all the beaches on the Atlantic Ocean from Amelia Island to the Florida Keys.
- Florida Beach Camping - An Unforgettable Experience
- Florida Beach Camping; an unforgettable experience and something you’ll want to do again and again. Normal “camping” will never be the same once you’ve experienced beach camping in Florida!
- Naturism and Nudist Beaches
- Naturism: People frequent Florida beaches for more than beautiful sand and water. Some are looking for a place to lounge on those beaches wearing nothing but a smile.
- Don Pedro Island State Park - Florida State Parks
- Don Pedro Island State Park is located in the cozy little town of Boca Grande. Described as a rare, unspoiled little piece of heaven, this island rests on a barrier island on the Gulf Coast.
- Perdido Key State Park - Best Florida Beaches - Florida Coastline
- Perdido Key State Park is located just outside of Pensacola, Florida, and boasts 52 miles of stunning, white sparkling coastline along the Florida Panhandle on the Gulf of Mexico.
- Cayo Costa State Park
- Cayo Costa State Park, is located on the Gulf of Mexico. Cayo Costa, roughly translated, means ‘key coast’ and upon arriving, you will agree this park is the key to peaceful beauty and solitude.
- Crystal River Preserve State Park
- Crystal River Preserve State Park: You will feel like you just stepped out of a postcard or a nature magazine in this picturesque park that offers so much beauty and opportunities to explore.
- Disclaimer for Best-Florida-Beaches.org
- Disclaimer for the Best-Florida-Beaches.org website.
Please join us for the latest
news and the newest events.