Lovers Key State Park
Lovers Key State Park might be the perfect island to visit if you are seeking a dreamy spot for a romantic interlude.
This is one of the four barrier islands
that make up Lovers Key / Carl E Johnson State Park.
All islands are equally exciting but something about Lover's Key sets the stage for love and prepares the mood.
The quartet includes Black Island, Inner Island and Long Key Island
and to give credit where credit is due, you can fall in love at any of these gorgeous beauties, either with the islands or the person you are with.
They come complete with a sun to give your skin a glow, beautiful blue water, white soft sand and plentiful wildlife for your viewing pleasure.
The beaches are well known for their extraordinary shelling opportunities.
The park is also well known for being one of the best birding parks in southwest Florida.
There are over 5 miles of bike trails through maritime and hammock forests providing opportunities to observe wildlife along the way.
Spend the day swimming, fishing, shelling, hiking, canoeing or kayaking.
For romantics at heart, don’t forget to top it all off with a sunset picnic and an evening stroll on the white sandy beach.
Whether you are looking for a romantic escape, or just a great day of beauty and family fun, you are sure to find it at Lover's Key often referred to as Lovers Key/Carl E Johnson State Park.
What is special about Lover's Key State Park?
- Beautiful 2.5 miles of beaches for sunning, white sand and azure water
- Beach combing, shelling, swimming, snorkeling, boating, canoe/kayaking and fishing
- Concession stand with gifts and snack bar (including ice cream!)
- picnic tables and pavilions, changing and restroom facilities and showers
- Marina with electric and water hookups for boaters
- 8 miles of nature trails for birding, hiking and walking
- Over 5 miles of bike trails through maritime hammock forests
- Visitor Center, guided nature tours
- Two playgrounds for the kids to enjoy
- Open 365 days, including holidays, 8 a.m. to sunset, nominal fees
- Florida State Parks may require entrance fees per person or per car
What to Do: Nearby
Fort Myers Beach
is a common tourist destination because of the great beaches and activities.
Check out Mid Island Water Sports and enjoy parasailing or dolphin tours, plus many more great water excursions.
Where to Eat: There are so many restaurants to choose from should you not want to cook or bring your own picnic meal to the park.
One that stands out is Bayfront Bistro, which provides you with an opportunity to get a taste of the great seafood in the area and appreciate beautiful views.
Lovers Key State Park is located at 8700 Estero Boulevard Fort Myers Beach, Florida Phone- (239)463-4588
Here is some follow-up for one of the islands mentioned above that make up the quartet. Enjoy
Long Key Island.
Back to Florida State Parks from Lovers Key State Park
Back to Home from Lovers Key State Key