Washington Oaks Gardens State Park
Washington Oaks Gardens State Park is a landscape paradise with gardens containing exotic plants, birds and animal habitats and a beach lined with coquina rock formations for great fishing opportunities.
One of Florida’s first orange groves used to occupy a portion of this beautiful state park that features an amazing horticultural center and an adventure in the great outdoors.
Located between the Matanzas River and Atlantic Ocean, this barrier island is a well preserved and beautiful beach, forest and garden experience.
Visit Washington Oaks and enjoy
- Beach for seawall and surf fishing
- Formal gardens including a horticultural center that educates visitors on the unique and exotic plants contained here and in the area
- Nature trails for birding, hiking, bicycling and walking (pets allowed on nature trails)
- Restroom facilities and playground area
- Picnic area with tables and grills
- Scenic location for special occasions such as weddings and reunions
- Open 365 days, including holidays, 8 a.m. to sunset, nominal fees
- Florida State Parks may require entrance fees per person or per car
What to Do: For the tykes, enjoy the Let’s Play Indoor Playground with lots of play areas and activities to keep your little ones occupied for hours. Golf is also a popular activity in the area and there are several golf courses to choose from.
Where to Eat: There are several great places in the area to dine- If you enjoy Asian cuisine, don’t miss Kokoro.
Washington Oaks State Park is located at 6400 N. Oceanshore Boulevard Palm Coast, Florida 32173 Phone- (386)446-6780
Back to Florida State Parks from Washington Oaks
Back to Home from Washington Oaks Gardens State Park