St Andrews State Park
St Andrews State Park is a former military site that will certainly catch your “Atennn-tion.” Well known by locals and tourists alike for its white sands and sparkling emerald water, this state park offers fun, nature and comfort all in one place for people of all ages.
St. Andrews State Park is proclaimed to be one of the very best in the entire state of Florida, which is really saying a lot considering how many beaches and Florida State Parks there are.
It is extremely well kept and the natural wildlife is well preserved to show off its splendor. There are more beach and camping activities than any other parks in the panhandle area.
If you’re looking to find multiple activities and accommodations all in one location then look no further, St. Andrews is for you.
There are two piers, a large rock-jetty and a boat ramp for lots of fishing. The campgrounds are exquisite, with spacious and accommodating campsites and large showers and bathrooms.
Children can play in the lagoon or enjoy primitive youth group camping that is offered.
Visit St Andrews State Park and enjoy
- Incredible 1.5 mile beach for sunning, the softest white sand and sparkling emerald water
- Beachcombing, shelling, swimming, snorkeling, boating, canoe/kayaking, fishing, surfing, canoeing, kayaking and scuba diving!
- Concession stand with snack bar, picnic tables and shelters, restroom facilities and showers
- Visitor centers and plenty of opportunities for wildlife viewing
- Boat ramp, fishing pier and jetty for plenty of fishing, as well as boat tours
- Lots of nature trails and bike paths for hiking, wildlife viewing and biking
- Store where camping and other essential items can be purchased
- Pets allowed in park, not on beach
- Primitive and full facility camping, campfire circles
- Playground and youth camping
- Picnic pavilions
- Open 365 days, including holidays, 8 a.m. to sunset, nominal fees
- Overnight camping is allowed- full facility; get there during open hours
- Florida State Parks may require entrance fees per person or per car
The activities are endless! For the kids, take the shuttle boat to Shell Island for shelling, snorkeling and exploring. For the adults, enjoy nearby Pier Park, where there is abundant shopping and entertainment.
Great food, great fun! Visit Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville at Pier Park and take a load off or jam to Reggae music and enjoy Island Cuisine.
For country music lovers, Tootsies Orchid Lounge plays country all day and also serves some great food.
Sleep in comfort! To experience the true essence of the incredible St. Andrews, camping out there is recommended, however if camping isn’t your thing, there are plenty of hotels located nearby in Panama City.
There are several Holiday Inns located there or Best Western Suites offer a great value.
St. Andrews State Park is located at 4607 State Park Lane in Panama City, FL 32408 and more information can be obtained by calling the park at (850)233-5140
Back to Florida State Parks from St Andrews
Back to Home from St Andrews State Park