Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park
Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park offers a unique experience to observe the endangered West Indian manatee in its natural habitat in an underwater observation room.
Swim with the manatees! See below.
You can also see another rarity, which is both salt and freshwater fish together all in one place.
There are also plentiful opportunities to observe other types of wildlife such as alligators, cougars, black bears, bobcats, deer and several species of birds.
A winding boardwalk provides easy access to several different habitats for these animals and more. This park offers opportunities for the entire family to enjoy animals and learning about them in their natural habitats.
Reasons to visit Homosassa Springs State Park
- “Wildside Café” concession and snack bar
- Two gift shops- “State of Elegance” and “Nest of Treasures” providing lots of souvenir and gifts for visitors
- Underwater observatory to observe manatees, fish and other underwater animals
- Nature trails for birding, wildlife observation, hiking and walking
- Boat tour that transports you to the other end of the park and provides an educational introduction to the park by a ranger along the way
- Picnic area and visitor center displaying historical photos and information
- Open 365 days, including holidays, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., nominal fees
- Florida State Parks may require entrance fees per person or per car
What to Do:
The highlight of Homosassa Springs is this park, which offers plenty of activities to keep the entire family occupied for the day.
Enjoy hiking through the many nature trails, or spend some time watching the manatees and sea otters in the underwater observatory.
You can also swim with manatees at Sunshine River Tours.
Where to Eat: The café at the park offers a lot of great, easy selections but if you’re looking to dine a bit more formally, but still with a down-home feel, check out Champions BBQ.
Where to Stay: Homosassa Riverside Resort is a hidden escape located near the park as well as other activities that offers great views and comfort.
Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park is located at 4150 S. Suncoast Boulevard Homosassa, Florida 34446 Phone- (352)628-5343
Back to Florida State Parks
Back to Home from Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park