Henderson Beach State Park
Henderson Beach State Park: Get your glow here as you enjoy the pure, white sugary sand that stretches the length of the 6,000-foot beach.
Henderson Beach is a result of a land conservation program that began in 1983 called “Save Our Coast” so it’s easy to observe wildlife in this natural and preserved habitat. Dolphins and sea turtles are often spotted right along the coast.
Henderson Beach Campground is one of the main attractions of this extraordinary beach. Camping right next to a breathtaking beach is rare and is a great experience that everyone should try at least once.
Henderson Beach also offers many amenities that other beaches do not, such as concession stands, a mile long bicycle trail along the coast, and pets are permitted in most areas.
Don't forget to bring your big shade umbrella along for shelter from the sun as the sun is on the speed: "Tan Me Fast" or "Burn Me Badly" if you are fair complexioned and there are only two pavilions that provide the only shade on the sunny beach.
Visit Henderson Beach State Park and enjoy
- Gorgeous mile long beach with the softest white sand and clearest blue water for sunbathing and swimming
- Swimming, bicycling, fishing, wildlife viewing, snorkeling, parasailing
- Concession stand with gifts and snack bar, picnic tables and shelters
- Playground, restroom facilities and showers, washer and dryer facility
- Nature trail for birding, hiking and walking
- Open 365 days, including holidays, 8 a.m. to sunset, nominal fees
- Overnight camping is allowed; get there during open hours
- Florida State Parks may require entrance fees per person or per car
Things to Do:
The playground area of the beach offers a great attraction for children. The older folks, including teens, might want to venture into the city of Destin, where Henderson Beach is located.
Kidsail Sailing Academy teaches young children and young adults how to parasail, or spend the day shopping at Silver Sands Factory Stores.
Where to eat: Bring your own meal to grill at one of the beach pavilion sites or enjoy one of the many restaurants in Destin such as The Marina Café or Jordano’s, which has the some of the best pizza you’ve ever tasted!
Where to Stay: Stay the night on one of the campsites right on the beach. There are many nearby hotels in Destin located just down the beach.
Henderson Beach State Park Location and Phone Number: 1700 Emerald Coast Parkway Destin, Florida 32541 (850) 837-7550
Back to Florida State Parks from Henderson Beach
Back to Home Page from Henderson Beach State Park