Gasparilla Island State Park
Gasparilla Island State Park is located between Charlotte Harbor and Pine Island Sound and the scenery is truly incredible so be sure to spend some days on the beach.
You can shell, swim, or just observe wildlife such as the gopher tortoise in natural habitats. The turtles go back and forth from the sea to their nests and will often traipse right by you on the beach without a second glance.
The surreal beauty of this island is what makes it truly unique but you can also enjoy the typical beach and nature activities as well such as white sandy beaches for swimming, canoeing and kayaking…. Or hiking or bike riding on one of the magnificent nature trails.
If you’re just looking for a beautiful oasis that includes a little bit of the history of Florida, this is the place for you.
The centerpice of Gasparilla Island State Park is the Boca Grande Lighthouse, built over 100 years ago. It has been lovingly restored and serves as a museum and gift shop that allows visitors to learn about the history of Gasparilla.
Visit the park and Enjoy
- Beachcombing, shelling, swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, boating, canoe/kayaking and saltwater fishing
- Restroom facilities and showers
- Barrier island on the Gulf Coast offering unique coastal beauty
- Nature trails for birding, hiking and walking as well as bicycling
- Picnic areas with shelters
- Restored historical lighthouse that now serves as a museum and interpretive exhibit- call ahead for hours
- Great Chapel (Amory Memorial Chapel) available for special events such as receptions and reunions
- Open 365 days, including holidays, 8 a.m. to sunset, nominal fees
- Florida State Parks may require entrance fees per person or per car
What to Do:
Spend your days lazing on the beach or canoeing, fishing or snorkeling… Visit Cayo Costa State Park while you’re in the area as well, which is another great Florida state park.
Where to Eat:
Enjoy an ocean view with a great staff. The food is pretty great too! Great place for seafood lovers.
Where to Stay: There is camping available at the nearby Cayo Costa State Park, but if you are willing to spend a little more to stay in a luxurious hotel on the beach, the Gasparilla Inn and Cottages are a magnificent place to stay.
Gasparilla Island State Park is located at 880 Belcher Road Boca Grande, Florida 33921 Phone- (941)964-0375
Back to Florida State Parks from Gasparilla
Back to Home from Gasparilla Island State Park