Fort George Island State Park
Fort George Island State Park is one of the seven Talbot Island State Parks and provides an opportunity to explore a historical land full of interesting and educational experiences.
Home to the Ribault Club, once an exclusive resort now acts as a visitor center and a special occasion location. A visit to Fort George Island is sure to please anyone who enjoys Florida History and nature.
Enjoy a unique guided tour aboard a Segway from EcoMotion Tours.
A Segway is a two-wheeled device that is battery powered and steered by the way that the passenger leans. It’s comparable to a scooter, but much more modernized and requires little to no physical exertion on the rider’s part.
EcoMotion Segways provide a fun and unique way to explore the natural beauty of the park. Riders are led on a two hour adventure through Fort George Island to the Kingsley Plantation (which is the oldest Plantation that still stands today).
But that’s not all. After Kingsley, you continue to ride through three miles of maritime forests where you can observe and learn about the many different types of plant and wildlife that inhabit this beautiful and scenic historical park.
Reasons to visit Fort George Island State Park
- Visitor Center with gift shop, interpretive historical exhibits
- Bicycling, guided Segway tours, fishing, boating, canoeing/ kayaking
- Nature trails for birding, hiking and walking
- Pets are permitted in the park, must be kept on 6 foot leash
- Popular scenic location for special occasions such as weddings, reunions and work retreats
- Open 365 days, including holidays, 8 a.m. to sunset, nominal fees
- Florida State Parks may require entrance fees per person or per car
What to Do:
The City of Jacksonville, where the park is located, provides an abundance of activities as it is a popular tourist destination.
There are a ton of historical activities such as Fort George Island Cultural State Park itself, as well as other historical attractions such as the Museum of Southern History to learn even more about the great state of Florida’s history.
Where to Eat: While in Jacksonville, you won’t want to miss the phenomenal views and delicious food at Matthew’s, which serves American and modern/ eclectic food.
Where to Stay: There is a wide array of hotels to choose from in the area.
A tourist favorite is Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport which provides spacious and comfortable rooms and excellent staff.
Fort George Island Cultural State Park is located at State Road A1A South Jacksonville, Florida 32226 Phone- (904)251-2320
Back to Florida State Parks from Fort George
Back to Home from Fort George Island State Park
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.